Academy in Wembley wins ‘outstanding’ award for its sporting venue
- Credit: Archant
A school in Wembley has won an Outstanding London Sports Venue Award for 2017.
Ark Academy Wembley in Bridge Road won the top accolade from MyLocalPitch, a platform for sports players who want to find and book venues in the capital.
The award, which was determined by MyLocalPitch users, was based on pitch quality, venue amenities and customer experience.
On site facilities at the academy include a high-quality 3G astroturf pitch set against the backdrop of the famous Wembley Stadium.
There is an outdoor 11a side pitch and a 5a side pitch and during the colder months, visitors can book the indoor 5a side area.
The Football Association partly funded the project to create an excellent grassroots venue for Londoners to book online.
Schools Plus are in partnership with Ark Academy to help transform their lettings into professional venue management.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
Sohail Khan, venue manager at Ark Academy Wembley said: “Schools Plus via the Ark Academy Wembley is proud to be associated with MLP; we look forward to continued growth and closer working relations in 2017.”
Jamie Foale, co-founder of MyLocalPitch, added: “Ark Academy is hugely influential around Brent on account of the excellent educational and sporting facilities. Football has a rich history in Wembley and it’s clear why our users voted for this grassroots venue - especially the indoor pitch during a very cold January!”