Ed Miliband receives special blessing at Hindu temple in Willesden Green
- Credit: Archant
Ed Miliband received a Swami’s special blessing during a visit to a Hindu temple in Willesden Green on Sunday.
The Labour leader was joined by his wife Justine and Labour candidates Tulip Siddiq and Dawn Butler as they took part in a celebration ceremony led by saint Swami Priya Das at the Shree Swaminarayan temple in Willesden Lane as part of Labour’s campaign to win seats in next week’s general election.
Addressing the devotees, Mr Miliband said he would always value his relationship with the temple and the Hindu community.
Labour candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn Tulip Siddiq said: “It was a privilege to visit the Shree Swaminarayan temple and welcome Ed Miliband to meet with the local Hindu community.
“The Shree Swaminarayan temple is one of the oldest temples in the UK and yet another great reminder of our strong and diverse community here in Hampstead and Kilburn.
You may also want to watch:
The Labour leader and his wife joined with spiritual leaders and younger worshippers for the ceremony and photos before taking a tour of the temple’s school facilities on the first floor.
Dawn Butler, who is standing for election in Brent Central said: ““It was wonderful to meet Hindu devotees from across North West London to celebrate our rich diversity and shared values.”
- 1 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 4 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 5 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 9 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids