Ed Miliband receives special blessing at Hindu temple in Willesden Green
- Credit: Archant
Ed Miliband received a Swami’s special blessing during a visit to a Hindu temple in Willesden Green on Sunday.
The Labour leader was joined by his wife Justine and Labour candidates Tulip Siddiq and Dawn Butler as they took part in a celebration ceremony led by saint Swami Priya Das at the Shree Swaminarayan temple in Willesden Lane as part of Labour’s campaign to win seats in next week’s general election.
Addressing the devotees, Mr Miliband said he would always value his relationship with the temple and the Hindu community.
Labour candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn Tulip Siddiq said: “It was a privilege to visit the Shree Swaminarayan temple and welcome Ed Miliband to meet with the local Hindu community.
“The Shree Swaminarayan temple is one of the oldest temples in the UK and yet another great reminder of our strong and diverse community here in Hampstead and Kilburn.
You may also want to watch:
The Labour leader and his wife joined with spiritual leaders and younger worshippers for the ceremony and photos before taking a tour of the temple’s school facilities on the first floor.
Dawn Butler, who is standing for election in Brent Central said: ““It was wonderful to meet Hindu devotees from across North West London to celebrate our rich diversity and shared values.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road