EasyJet founder opens food store in Park Royal where all items are 25p each
- Credit: Archant
EasyJet founder Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannauhas has opened a new food store in Park Royal today where all items are just 25p each.
The first ever easyFoodstore on the North Circular Road is aiming to entice customers with its rock-bottom introductory offer throughout February.
Sir Stelios is hoping the pilot store will be a recipe for success and will become as popular as budget supermarkets Aldi and Lidl.
He said: “This is another way the easy brand can serve the less well-off.
“Given my experience in distributing food for free in Greece and Cyprus, this is a more commercial attempt to sell basic food for 25p per item to those less well-off in the Park Royal area.”
The limited and basic range of items for sale includes chicken curry, pasta sauce, mixed vegetables, sardines in oil, sugar and button mushrooms.
You may also want to watch:
Did you visit easyFood store today?
What did you think of the items on offer?
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Let us know by calling 020 7433 0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.