Duchess visits animal sanctuary
Cute animals received the royal seal of approval after they were visited by a VIP. The Duchess of Cornwall met the furry creatures as she toured the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green. The sanctuary, which was established in 1886, re
Cute animals received the royal seal of approval after they were visited by a VIP.
The Duchess of Cornwall met the furry creatures as she toured the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green.
The sanctuary, which was established in 1886, received a much needed cash injection of �40,000 from dog charity The Kennel Club of which the Duchess is a patron.
The funds from the Kennel Club were used to provide a range of new facilities including air conditioning for the canine kennel area and a new roof for the indoor exercise yard for dogs.
You may also want to watch:
The Duchess, who broke her leg while hill-walking last month, bravely tried to hobble her way around the Mayhew but eventually used a wheelchair that allowed her to cuddle the kittens and puppies on her lap.
The Mayhew receives no funding from Hammersmith & Fulham Council or the Government so relies entirely on donations and legacies from generous benefactors to meet its running costs of �3,000 a day.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
For more information about the Mayhew call 0208 call 0208 969 0178 or visit www.mayhewanimalhome.or or visit www.mayhewanimalhome.org