Duchess visits animal sanctuary
Cute animals received the royal seal of approval after they were visited by a VIP. The Duchess of Cornwall met the furry creatures as she toured the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green. The sanctuary, which was established in 1886, re
Cute animals received the royal seal of approval after they were visited by a VIP.
The Duchess of Cornwall met the furry creatures as she toured the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green.
The sanctuary, which was established in 1886, received a much needed cash injection of �40,000 from dog charity The Kennel Club of which the Duchess is a patron.
The funds from the Kennel Club were used to provide a range of new facilities including air conditioning for the canine kennel area and a new roof for the indoor exercise yard for dogs.
The Duchess, who broke her leg while hill-walking last month, bravely tried to hobble her way around the Mayhew but eventually used a wheelchair that allowed her to cuddle the kittens and puppies on her lap.
The Mayhew receives no funding from Hammersmith & Fulham Council or the Government so relies entirely on donations and legacies from generous benefactors to meet its running costs of �3,000 a day.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
For more information about the Mayhew call 0208 call 0208 969 0178 or visit www.mayhewanimalhome.or or visit www.mayhewanimalhome.org