Duchess visits animal sanctuary
Cute animals received the royal seal of approval after they were visited by a VIP. The Duchess of Cornwall met the furry creatures as she toured the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green. The sanctuary, which was established in 1886, re
Cute animals received the royal seal of approval after they were visited by a VIP.
The Duchess of Cornwall met the furry creatures as she toured the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green.
The sanctuary, which was established in 1886, received a much needed cash injection of �40,000 from dog charity The Kennel Club of which the Duchess is a patron.
The funds from the Kennel Club were used to provide a range of new facilities including air conditioning for the canine kennel area and a new roof for the indoor exercise yard for dogs.
You may also want to watch:
The Duchess, who broke her leg while hill-walking last month, bravely tried to hobble her way around the Mayhew but eventually used a wheelchair that allowed her to cuddle the kittens and puppies on her lap.
The Mayhew receives no funding from Hammersmith & Fulham Council or the Government so relies entirely on donations and legacies from generous benefactors to meet its running costs of �3,000 a day.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 4 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 5 Fresh appeal to find mum of newborn baby girl found in Grand Union Canal
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Three Brent Labour councillors apologised for wrongdoing in 2020
- 8 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
For more information about the Mayhew call 0208 call 0208 969 0178 or visit www.mayhewanimalhome.or or visit www.mayhewanimalhome.org