Dramatic house fire on the St Raphael’s Estate in Neasden captured on film
Occupants escaped serious injury but were treated for smoke inhalation following blaze on Sunday afternnon
This seven-second video footage shows the ferocity of a house fire in Neasden where two people managed to escape with their lives.
The occupants of the three-storey property in Rainsborough Close on the St Raphael’s Estate, were treated for smoke inhalation after the blaze broke out yesterday afternoon (Sunday) at 3.25pm.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, who represents the neighbouring Tokyngon ward, captured the dramatic fire on his phone.
He said: “Luckily there were no serious injuries.
“This is a timely reminder for all of us to make sure that we take fire safety seriously.”
It took around 30 fire-fighters from Ealing, Acton, Willesden and Wembley fire stations almost two hours to tackle the blaze which gutted the property and caused damage to an adjoining house.
- 1 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 6 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
Cllr Zaffar Van Kalwala, whose Stonebridge ward covers the estate, visited the scene where he spoke to the family who have been placed in temporary accommodation.
He said: “This is a tragic incident and all our thoughts are with the family and the community who are suffering as a result of this tragedy.
“It’s lucky that nobody was killed or seriously hurt. I will be working closely with the Fire Service to find out what caused the fire.”
The London Fire Brigade are investigating the blaze which police are not treating as suspicious.