Dr Alan Mendoza selected as Conservative Party candidate for Brent Central
- Credit: Archant
A former councillor in the borough has been chosen as the Conservative Party Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Brent Central.
Dr Alan Mendoza has entered the fight for the hotly contested seat which is currently held by Liberal Democrat MP Sarah Teather.
She is stepping down in May.
Dr Mendoza served as a councillor in Brent between 2005 and 2010 when the town hall was run by a Tory/Lib Dem coalition.
The 36-year-old, who had previously lived in Wembley for 25 years, said: “It is an honour to have been selected to fight for local residents in Brent Central at the General Election.
You may also want to watch:
“The Conservative Party has delivered on its promises of delivering economic growth and prosperity for the people of Brent over the past five years.
“I look forward to making the case that our aspirations for a better life locally and nationally can be best met through a Conservative MP and government.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Dr Mendoza will be battling for the seat alongside Labour’s Dawn Butler former Brent South MP, Ibrahim Taguri for the Lib Dems and Dr Shahrar Ali for the Green Party.