Dr Alan Mendoza selected as Conservative Party candidate for Brent Central
- Credit: Archant
A former councillor in the borough has been chosen as the Conservative Party Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Brent Central.
Dr Alan Mendoza has entered the fight for the hotly contested seat which is currently held by Liberal Democrat MP Sarah Teather.
She is stepping down in May.
Dr Mendoza served as a councillor in Brent between 2005 and 2010 when the town hall was run by a Tory/Lib Dem coalition.
The 36-year-old, who had previously lived in Wembley for 25 years, said: “It is an honour to have been selected to fight for local residents in Brent Central at the General Election.
You may also want to watch:
“The Conservative Party has delivered on its promises of delivering economic growth and prosperity for the people of Brent over the past five years.
“I look forward to making the case that our aspirations for a better life locally and nationally can be best met through a Conservative MP and government.”
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
Dr Mendoza will be battling for the seat alongside Labour’s Dawn Butler former Brent South MP, Ibrahim Taguri for the Lib Dems and Dr Shahrar Ali for the Green Party.