Doyle and Maiga on target as QPR are held by Burnley
- Credit: PA
Championship: QPR 3 Burnley 3
Deadline-day signings Kevin Doyle and Modibo Maiga scored on their QPR debuts as Rangers and Burnley contested a thrilling draw at Loftus Road.
Doyle, who joined on loan from Wolves in the final hours of the window, gave QPR the lead after seven minutes with a header from Niko Kranjcar’s corner.
The 30-year-old Republic of Ireland striker fired another effort wide, before Burnley brought themselves level through Danny Ings’ volley from Kieran Trippier’s cross.
Rs centre-back Richard Dunne restored the lead with a spectacular strike, volleying the ball into the roof of the net after Clint Hill had flicked on Joey Barton’s corner.
But Burnley hit back again early in the second half, as Michael Kightly crossed from the left and Sam Vokes touched the ball past Rob Green at the near post.
Ings ballooned Scott Arfield’s cross over the bar, before Burnley took the lead for the first time when Ings dispossessed Benoit Assou-Ekotto and squared fro Vokes to tap in.
- 1 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 6 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
The lively Ings then curled a shot narrowly wide, while West Ham United loanee Maiga came on and tried his luck almost immediately, but couldn’t keep his shot on target.
But Maiga made no mistake shortly afterwards, getting on the end of Junior Hoilett’s low cross to convert the equaliser from close range.