Double awarding Beach at Brent Cross officially opens for the summer
- Credit: Archant
The award winning Beach at Brent Cross is back this summer for the ultimate city sea-side experience.
As London’s largest urban beach and theme park was officially launched on Thursday evening mermaids could be seen reclining on deckchairs and taking a rides on the carousel.
The car park opposite the shopping centre has been transformed and to make the experience bigger and better than last year more sand has been imported and the beach extended with 100 palm trees.
There are hours of fun for all ages - a giant paddling pool and plenty of rides will entertain younger visitors or they can build sand castles while the adults laze.
Bumper cars have been introduced this year with a return of the rollercoaster, water rapids, and old favourites like the waltzer, helter skelter and much more.
You may also want to watch:
Over the summer there will be hula hoop artists, stilt walkers and Punch and Judy shows.
For those wanting a little shade (one can dream of a hot, hot summer) the Beach Club has a fully functioning bar and a place to sit and eat fish and chips, burgers, and donuts.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 6 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 7 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
There are icecream, pop corn and fruit cocktail stands dotted around the complex, plenty of reasons to make a day of it.
Earlier this year the organisers Mannings and Brent Cross won the Opal and Aurora Awards 2016 for background, implementation and delivery and also innovation and creativity of the beach project.
The Beach at Brent Cross is a short walk from the shopping centre which is celebrating its 40 anniversary this year.
The group has recently entered a partnership with Rays of Sunshine, a charity that grants wishes for seriously ill children.
Tom Nathan, general manager at Brent Cross said: “What better way to kick-start the summer than with a visit to the Brent Cross urban beach. Whether you visited last year or not, join us for the ultimate beach day out in London and help us celebrate a fantastic summer of sport.”
Open from July 1-September 4 Mon-Fri 12pm-10pm, Sat/Sun 11am-10pm.
Entry: £3. Rides are paid with tokens,£1.20 each or 10 for £10.
Cash only, credit card accepted for purchases £20 or above.