Doncaster Rovers 2 QPR 0
A CALAMITOUS own goal set the tone as QPR s winless run stretched to eight games on Tuesday at Keepmoat Stadium. Matt Mills hopeful punt into the Rs penalty area prompted panic at the back and, as Radek Cerny advanced, Damion Stewart headed the ball over
A CALAMITOUS own goal set the tone as QPR's winless run stretched to eight games on Tuesday at Keepmoat Stadium.
Matt Mills' hopeful punt into the Rs penalty area prompted panic at the back and, as Radek Cerny advanced, Damion Stewart headed the ball over him to gift Doncaster the lead.
And when Rangers failed to defend a corner just eight minutes later, Paul Heffernan pounced to make it 2-0 and increase the pressure on Paulo Sousa.
A combination of results elsewhere in the Championship kept Sousa's side in with a slim chance of reaching the top six - but in reality they now face a battle to even secure a top half finish.
You may also want to watch:
It might have been a different story had Dexter Blackstock been able to convert one of three headed opportunities in the first half, but two were off target and the third saved by Rovers goalkeeper Neil Sullivan.
Mikele Leigertwood's volley whizzed just over and Samuel Di Carmine and substitute Romone Rose also forced good saves from Sullivan during the second period.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
But Doncaster might have extended their lead, with Cerny doing well to keep out attempts from Heffernan and Richie Wellens.
QPR: Cerny; Ramage, Stewart, Gorkss (Lopez 52), Connolly; Routledge, Mahon, LEIGERTWOOD* (Miller 79), Alberti (Rose 52); Blackstock, Di Carmine.