Dollis Hill woman shortlisted for the Miss London beauty contest
Sarah Silvey-Fine hopes to follow in the footsteps of her pageant queen mother
An aspiring model from Dollis Hill whose mother is a former beauty queen has reached the semi-finals of the Miss London competition.
Sarah Silvey-Fine, 20, of Mulgrave Road, will undergo a boot-camp day where she will be assessed on her catwalk skills and receive advice on grooming and presentation.
Miss Silvey-Fine appeared in adverts for Marks and Spencer when she was a child, and is hoping that the competition will help further her modelling career.
She said: “I am so excited to be through to the semi-final, winning Miss London would be amazing, but even reaching the top 10 would be a great success.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Silvey-Fine mother Susie Silvey won a beauty contest and was a model and an actress in the 1980s.
She is pleased that her daughter is following in her footsteps, and is proud of her initiative.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 4 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 5 Fresh appeal to find mum of newborn baby girl found in Grand Union Canal
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Three Brent Labour councillors apologised for wrongdoing in 2020
- 8 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
She said: “You can say she is a chip of the old block. I am very impressed with her and the whole family supports her.”
Miss Silvey-Fine was inspired by her mother and looked up to her while growing up.
She said:” Mum would always run off to photo shoots looking glamorous, and I wanted to be like her.”
She is also passionate about helping the community and would like to be a counsellor one day.
She is in her second year studying Psychology and Sociology at Brighton University, and is raising money for the Children’s Trust as part of her Miss London bid.
You can vote for Sarah by texting MISS LONDON30 to 63333.