Dollis Hill residents scoop Brent in Bloom award for a second year in a row
- Credit: Archant
A group of green-fingered residents have proved they are blooming marvellous for a second year in a row by scooping a horticultural award.
Campbell Gordon Way Residents’ Association in Dollis Hill, have been named today as the winner of the neighbourhood category in this Brent in Bloom competition.
Judges of the annual contest, which honours the borough’s best gardeners and green-fingered residents, were impressed by the high quality of gardening and horticulture of this year’s entries, which included front gardens, hanging baskets and window boxes.
Other winners include Mora Primary School in Mora Road, Cricklewood, and Leopold Primary School in Hawkeshead Road, Harlesden, which jointly scooped the school’s category, and residents John Quinn for the best front garden and Carol Nichols for her impressive container.
There were a total of 12 winners who will receive certificates and vouchers as part of their prize.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Roxanne Mashari, Brent Council’s lead member for environment and neighbourhood services, said: “Gardening and food growing are blossoming at Brent at the moment with many creative and imaginative gardeners and growers in our schools and communities.
“Thanks to everyone for helping to make the borough a far more greener and cleaner place.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
Brent in Bloom is the first heat in the In Bloom competition which leads to the regional heat, London in Bloom, and the national Britain in Bloom.