Dollis Hill residents scoop Brent in Bloom award for a second year in a row
- Credit: Archant
A group of green-fingered residents have proved they are blooming marvellous for a second year in a row by scooping a horticultural award.
Campbell Gordon Way Residents’ Association in Dollis Hill, have been named today as the winner of the neighbourhood category in this Brent in Bloom competition.
Judges of the annual contest, which honours the borough’s best gardeners and green-fingered residents, were impressed by the high quality of gardening and horticulture of this year’s entries, which included front gardens, hanging baskets and window boxes.
Other winners include Mora Primary School in Mora Road, Cricklewood, and Leopold Primary School in Hawkeshead Road, Harlesden, which jointly scooped the school’s category, and residents John Quinn for the best front garden and Carol Nichols for her impressive container.
There were a total of 12 winners who will receive certificates and vouchers as part of their prize.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Roxanne Mashari, Brent Council’s lead member for environment and neighbourhood services, said: “Gardening and food growing are blossoming at Brent at the moment with many creative and imaginative gardeners and growers in our schools and communities.
“Thanks to everyone for helping to make the borough a far more greener and cleaner place.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
Brent in Bloom is the first heat in the In Bloom competition which leads to the regional heat, London in Bloom, and the national Britain in Bloom.