Dollis Hill father killed in hit-and-run crash in Islington
Christian Flaubert Miranda Borges died following three vehicle smash
A motorcyclist killed in a hit-and-run crash in Islington has been named as a new father from Dollis Hill.
Christian Flaubert Miranda Borges, 29, of Gladstone Park Gardens, died following a collision with his motorbike, a London taxi and people carrier.
The taxi driver stopped at the scene but the person behind the wheel of the second vehicle sped off following the incident in Baring Street, last Thursday (29).
Today (Wednesday), officers investigating the crash formally named the Brazilian national who was engaged and recently became a father to a baby boy.
Mr Borges died at the scene and a post mortem held on Monday gave the cause of his death as a traumatic neck injury.
An inquest was opened and adjourned at St Pancras Coroner’s court today.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 5 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 6 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 9 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 10 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
Police have made an appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Sergeant Chris Osborne, from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt, said: “We are continuing to study a vast amount of CCTV but it is clear it was a very busy time and there were a lot of people in the area at the time.
“We would urge those people to come forward with information no matter how trivial it is.”
Anyone with information should call DS Osborne on 020 8842 1817 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know Mr Borges and would like to pay tribute to him?
Call the news team on 020 7422 6228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.