Dollis Hill father killed in hit-and-run crash in Islington
Christian Flaubert Miranda Borges died following three vehicle smash
A motorcyclist killed in a hit-and-run crash in Islington has been named as a new father from Dollis Hill.
Christian Flaubert Miranda Borges, 29, of Gladstone Park Gardens, died following a collision with his motorbike, a London taxi and people carrier.
The taxi driver stopped at the scene but the person behind the wheel of the second vehicle sped off following the incident in Baring Street, last Thursday (29).
Today (Wednesday), officers investigating the crash formally named the Brazilian national who was engaged and recently became a father to a baby boy.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Borges died at the scene and a post mortem held on Monday gave the cause of his death as a traumatic neck injury.
An inquest was opened and adjourned at St Pancras Coroner’s court today.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
Police have made an appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Sergeant Chris Osborne, from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt, said: “We are continuing to study a vast amount of CCTV but it is clear it was a very busy time and there were a lot of people in the area at the time.
“We would urge those people to come forward with information no matter how trivial it is.”
Anyone with information should call DS Osborne on 020 8842 1817 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know Mr Borges and would like to pay tribute to him?
Call the news team on 020 7422 6228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.