Dollis Hill couple given long service award for their fostering achievements
Husband and wife team have notched up 10 years service
A dedicated couple from Dollis Hill who have been fostering children for 10 years have been recognised with a long service award.
Velma and Jim Dunne were handed the accolade from The National Fostering Agency (NFA) at the organisation’s annual award ceremony.
Mr and Mrs Dunne were also presented with chocolates and a bottle of champagne at the event which was attended by 300 NFA foster carers, social workers and support staff.
The delighted couple said: “We were both thrilled to get this prestigious award and for the recognition by NFA of our work.
You may also want to watch:
“he decade went by so fast and we have felt fulfilled as foster carers all the way.”
NFA is an independent fostering agency whose aim is to provide quality care to children and young people entrusted to them.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
Fore more information about being a foster carer for NFA visit www.nfa.ws or call 0845 200 4040.