Dollis Hill couple given long service award for their fostering achievements
Husband and wife team have notched up 10 years service
A dedicated couple from Dollis Hill who have been fostering children for 10 years have been recognised with a long service award.
Velma and Jim Dunne were handed the accolade from The National Fostering Agency (NFA) at the organisation’s annual award ceremony.
Mr and Mrs Dunne were also presented with chocolates and a bottle of champagne at the event which was attended by 300 NFA foster carers, social workers and support staff.
The delighted couple said: “We were both thrilled to get this prestigious award and for the recognition by NFA of our work.
You may also want to watch:
“he decade went by so fast and we have felt fulfilled as foster carers all the way.”
NFA is an independent fostering agency whose aim is to provide quality care to children and young people entrusted to them.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend
Fore more information about being a foster carer for NFA visit www.nfa.ws or call 0845 200 4040.