Dollis Hill couple given long service award for their fostering achievements
Husband and wife team have notched up 10 years service
A dedicated couple from Dollis Hill who have been fostering children for 10 years have been recognised with a long service award.
Velma and Jim Dunne were handed the accolade from The National Fostering Agency (NFA) at the organisation’s annual award ceremony.
Mr and Mrs Dunne were also presented with chocolates and a bottle of champagne at the event which was attended by 300 NFA foster carers, social workers and support staff.
The delighted couple said: “We were both thrilled to get this prestigious award and for the recognition by NFA of our work.
You may also want to watch:
“he decade went by so fast and we have felt fulfilled as foster carers all the way.”
NFA is an independent fostering agency whose aim is to provide quality care to children and young people entrusted to them.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
Fore more information about being a foster carer for NFA visit www.nfa.ws or call 0845 200 4040.