Dog from The Mayhew appears on TV in quest for a new home
- Credit: Archant
A gentle giant dog from an animal rescue centre in Kensal Green has appeared on television in her quest to find a new home.
Lacy, an English mastiff boxer cross, starred in the Paul O’Grady show on Monday where she hit it off with singer Stacey Solomon.
The five-year-old ended up in the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, after she was dumped on the streets by her cruel owner.
Lacy weighs around 55 kg (nine-and-a-half stone) but is a gentle giant who is well behaved.
She can be rehomed with other dogs and children over 12.
You may also want to watch:
Paul O’ Grady, who is passionate about animals and has five dogs of his own, said: “Lacy is calm and gentle and needs a home. All the dogs on the show
may not be aesthetically pleasing but they’re all gorgeous in their own way.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Stacey Solomon added: “If my children were over 12 she’d be coming back in the car with me now.
“She’s a lovely dog who’s been overlooked because of her size.”
Jackass prankster Steve-O, Ms Solomon’s partner, was also extremely taken with Lacy and smothered her with cuddles.
He said: “I love rescue dogs, I have two of my own. I really hope she finds a home. She’s such a great dog despite her size.”
Lacy is currently in foster care with Tony Kay who said: “She’s the best dog I’ve ever fostered. I would take her myself but I can’t commit right now.
“I really hope someone sees her on the Paul O’Grady show and gives her a second chance home which she really deserves.”
The award-winning presenter’s show airs weekdays at 5 pm on ITV.
If anyone wants to adopt Lacy or any other animals from The Mayhew visit www.themayhew.org.