Dispersal zone rolled out in Harlesden
Police received a barrage of complaints about yobbish behaviour
Part of a housing estate has become a dispersal zone following complaints about yobbish behaviour from fed-up residents.
Allegations ranging from crooks stashing guns in bushes to armed fights in the streets have resulted in parts of the Church Road Estate in Harlesden, becoming a no go zone for groups of more than two people.
The measures will be in place until January 27.
An additional four wards in the borough are also the subject of a dispersal zone.
You may also want to watch:
A number of streets in Kilburn, Kensal Green, Dollis Hill, and Stonebridge have also been slapped with the order that allows police officers and PCSO to move on groups of more than two people.
Anyone moved on is not allowed to return to the area within 24 hours and if they refuse to move they can be arrested.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 7 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 10 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
Police will patrol the areas and anyone convicted of breaching the order faces up to three months in jail or a fine of up to �2,500.
The streets covered by the dispersal zone are Eric Road, Ilex Road, Church Road, Conley Road, Roundwood Road, Bourke Close, Heron Close, Garnet Road, Mayo Road, Crome Road, Tynsdale Road, Helperby Road, Hawkins Road, Creukhorne Road, Paulet Way, Gifford Road, Armstrong Road, Preston Gardens and Britadge Road.
This zone includes any open areas, car parks and communal spaces within the area.