Dispersal zone rolled out in Harlesden
Police received a barrage of complaints about yobbish behaviour
Part of a housing estate has become a dispersal zone following complaints about yobbish behaviour from fed-up residents.
Allegations ranging from crooks stashing guns in bushes to armed fights in the streets have resulted in parts of the Church Road Estate in Harlesden, becoming a no go zone for groups of more than two people.
The measures will be in place until January 27.
An additional four wards in the borough are also the subject of a dispersal zone.
You may also want to watch:
A number of streets in Kilburn, Kensal Green, Dollis Hill, and Stonebridge have also been slapped with the order that allows police officers and PCSO to move on groups of more than two people.
Anyone moved on is not allowed to return to the area within 24 hours and if they refuse to move they can be arrested.
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 4 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
Police will patrol the areas and anyone convicted of breaching the order faces up to three months in jail or a fine of up to �2,500.
The streets covered by the dispersal zone are Eric Road, Ilex Road, Church Road, Conley Road, Roundwood Road, Bourke Close, Heron Close, Garnet Road, Mayo Road, Crome Road, Tynsdale Road, Helperby Road, Hawkins Road, Creukhorne Road, Paulet Way, Gifford Road, Armstrong Road, Preston Gardens and Britadge Road.
This zone includes any open areas, car parks and communal spaces within the area.