Designer Wayne Hemingway to unveil winners of Wembley Library card competition
- Credit: Archant
Red or Dead co-founder will be joined by artist Julia Miranda
A leading British fashion designer will reveal the names of the winners of a competition to design cards for the new Wembley Library.
Wayne Hemingway MBE, co-founder of Red or Dead, will unveil the designs chosen for the new children’s and adults’ library cards at a special launch event on June 18.
Six designs were shortlisted for the final with three in each category for a children’s and adults’ card.
The winners of each category were chosen online by a public vote, which attracted almost 5,000 votes.
Mr Hemingway, whose design agency HemingwayDesign is in Wembley, said: “It’s great to see design initiatives that are open to everyone and having used the old Town Hall Library many times am keen to visit the new library and meet the faces behind the designs.”
The launch will also be attended by the winners, Cllr Bobby Thomas, Mayor of Brent and artist Julia Miranda who ran art and design classes as part of the competition.
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 6 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 7 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 8 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 9 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 10 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
She will be hosting a drop-in creative workshop during the event.
The event will take place at Wembley Library from 4 to 5.30pm.
All are welcome to attend by emailing email@example.com.