Designer Wayne Hemingway to unveil winners of Wembley Library card competition
- Credit: Archant
Red or Dead co-founder will be joined by artist Julia Miranda
A leading British fashion designer will reveal the names of the winners of a competition to design cards for the new Wembley Library.
Wayne Hemingway MBE, co-founder of Red or Dead, will unveil the designs chosen for the new children’s and adults’ library cards at a special launch event on June 18.
Six designs were shortlisted for the final with three in each category for a children’s and adults’ card.
The winners of each category were chosen online by a public vote, which attracted almost 5,000 votes.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hemingway, whose design agency HemingwayDesign is in Wembley, said: “It’s great to see design initiatives that are open to everyone and having used the old Town Hall Library many times am keen to visit the new library and meet the faces behind the designs.”
The launch will also be attended by the winners, Cllr Bobby Thomas, Mayor of Brent and artist Julia Miranda who ran art and design classes as part of the competition.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 4 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
She will be hosting a drop-in creative workshop during the event.
The event will take place at Wembley Library from 4 to 5.30pm.
All are welcome to attend by emailing email@example.com.