Designer Deborah Besana to host free arts and crafts programme for South Kilburn children
- Credit: Archant
A free arts and crafts programme is being offered to creative youngsters living in South Kilburn.
The six-week project, which will be run by designer Deborah Besana, aims to support and develop the artistic skills of children in the community.
Ms Besana, who runs a handmade jewellery and leather accessories business called deborah B, is delivering the programme with the support of South Kilburn Trust.
She said: “Arts and crafts are really beneficial in developing essential skills in children, but are too often overlooked by the current school curriculum.
“I really hope this programme will help children in South Kilburn to develop their creativity, interpersonal skills, manual dexterity and much more, which are as important as numeracy and literacy skills they are taught at school.”
You may also want to watch:
The programme will be held between 5 and 6.30pm every Thursday starting this week until November 17.
To register a child for a limited place email email@example.com.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'