Design competition launched for Harlesden’s artists to create banners for all to see
- Credit: Archant
Would you like to see your artwork flying high on Harlesden’s lampposts for all to see?
Harlesden Neighbhourhood Forum (HNF) has launched a competition for creatives to submit unique designs inspired by Harlesden and the theme ‘journeys’.
The competition is open to all local individuals or groups, especially young people, to think about the theme and get involved.
The finished banners will be showcased along routes to the High Street and top three artists will also win shopping
vouchers worth £125, £50 and £25.
You may also want to watch:
HNF chair Rev Leao Neto said: “This community led project was born out of young people’s ideas for making the local environment more welcoming.
“It is a wonderful chance to contribute to meaningful and positive change in Harlesden through design and creativity, and great prizes too.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 3 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Deadline for submissions is February 11.
Full information and entry requirements and forms can be found on HNF’s website harlesdenneighbourhoodforum.com/design