Dele deal hits a snag
By Dave McIntyre QPR s attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble. Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer. But negotiations have
By Dave McIntyre
QPR's attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble.
Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer.
But negotiations have stalled over the experienced striker's demands and Rangers are considering their next move.
Adebola, who turns 34 next month, has been offered a one-year contract by City but is keen to land a two-year deal.
Rangers are offering a one-year contract with the option of a second year should the Nigerian-born player make a certain number of appearances.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Appeal: Boy, 13, missing from Brent since Monday
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 6 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 7 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 8 Retired police boss: Sacking Met officers 'takes too long'
- 9 Alperton family with autistic son plead to be rehoused
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
Adebola has netted 10 goals this season for his current club, having joined the Robins from Coventry 18 months ago.
City boss Gary Johnson admitted earlier this week he was resigned to losing Adebola, who has also had previous spells with Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Crewe.