Dele deal hits a snag
By Dave McIntyre QPR s attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble. Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer. But negotiations have
By Dave McIntyre
QPR's attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble.
Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer.
But negotiations have stalled over the experienced striker's demands and Rangers are considering their next move.
You may also want to watch:
Adebola, who turns 34 next month, has been offered a one-year contract by City but is keen to land a two-year deal.
Rangers are offering a one-year contract with the option of a second year should the Nigerian-born player make a certain number of appearances.
- 1 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 2 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 5 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 6 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
- 9 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 10 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
Adebola has netted 10 goals this season for his current club, having joined the Robins from Coventry 18 months ago.
City boss Gary Johnson admitted earlier this week he was resigned to losing Adebola, who has also had previous spells with Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Crewe.