Dele deal hits a snag
By Dave McIntyre QPR s attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble. Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer. But negotiations have
By Dave McIntyre
QPR's attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble.
Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer.
But negotiations have stalled over the experienced striker's demands and Rangers are considering their next move.
You may also want to watch:
Adebola, who turns 34 next month, has been offered a one-year contract by City but is keen to land a two-year deal.
Rangers are offering a one-year contract with the option of a second year should the Nigerian-born player make a certain number of appearances.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
Adebola has netted 10 goals this season for his current club, having joined the Robins from Coventry 18 months ago.
City boss Gary Johnson admitted earlier this week he was resigned to losing Adebola, who has also had previous spells with Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Crewe.