Dele deal hits a snag
By Dave McIntyre QPR s attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble. Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer. But negotiations have
By Dave McIntyre
QPR's attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble.
Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer.
But negotiations have stalled over the experienced striker's demands and Rangers are considering their next move.
You may also want to watch:
Adebola, who turns 34 next month, has been offered a one-year contract by City but is keen to land a two-year deal.
Rangers are offering a one-year contract with the option of a second year should the Nigerian-born player make a certain number of appearances.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 7 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 8 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 9 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Adebola has netted 10 goals this season for his current club, having joined the Robins from Coventry 18 months ago.
City boss Gary Johnson admitted earlier this week he was resigned to losing Adebola, who has also had previous spells with Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Crewe.