Defender in contention as injured QPR duo miss Blackburn clash
Warnock without Gabbidon and Dyer, but could call on injured Connolly
Matt Connolly could be set for a return to the QPR first team as Neil Warnock looks to bolster his defensive options for the visit of Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
The Rs boss is definitely without centre-back Danny Gabbidon, who is still out with a knee injury, and confirmed that Connolly, who himself is recovering from an ankle injury and hasn’t featured since the 0-0 draw with Newcastle, could be in contention for the match.
Meanwhile, Warnock confirmed that Kieron Dyer is a long-term absentee as he still struggles with the foot injury he sustained in the opening-day defeat to Bolton Wanderers.
Warnock confirmed: "Gabbidon will definitely be out, Kieron Dyer has got a complicated problem with the ligament on the top of his foot.
You may also want to watch:
"He’s unlucky really, it’s a lot more difficult than the orthopaedic guy thought when he first saw him. There’s no date, we’ll just try and get him back as quickly as we can.
"But he’s feeling a lot better now, he’s started rehabilitation now and he’s walking.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
"Hopefully Connolly will be available but that will be touch and go I’d imagine."
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=72cbe0cb60" >Live QPR web chat</a>