Defender in contention as injured QPR duo miss Blackburn clash
Warnock without Gabbidon and Dyer, but could call on injured Connolly
Matt Connolly could be set for a return to the QPR first team as Neil Warnock looks to bolster his defensive options for the visit of Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
The Rs boss is definitely without centre-back Danny Gabbidon, who is still out with a knee injury, and confirmed that Connolly, who himself is recovering from an ankle injury and hasn’t featured since the 0-0 draw with Newcastle, could be in contention for the match.
Meanwhile, Warnock confirmed that Kieron Dyer is a long-term absentee as he still struggles with the foot injury he sustained in the opening-day defeat to Bolton Wanderers.
Warnock confirmed: "Gabbidon will definitely be out, Kieron Dyer has got a complicated problem with the ligament on the top of his foot.
"He’s unlucky really, it’s a lot more difficult than the orthopaedic guy thought when he first saw him. There’s no date, we’ll just try and get him back as quickly as we can.
"But he’s feeling a lot better now, he’s started rehabilitation now and he’s walking.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
"Hopefully Connolly will be available but that will be touch and go I’d imagine."
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=72cbe0cb60" >Live QPR web chat</a>