Defender in contention as injured QPR duo miss Blackburn clash
Warnock without Gabbidon and Dyer, but could call on injured Connolly
Matt Connolly could be set for a return to the QPR first team as Neil Warnock looks to bolster his defensive options for the visit of Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
The Rs boss is definitely without centre-back Danny Gabbidon, who is still out with a knee injury, and confirmed that Connolly, who himself is recovering from an ankle injury and hasn’t featured since the 0-0 draw with Newcastle, could be in contention for the match.
Meanwhile, Warnock confirmed that Kieron Dyer is a long-term absentee as he still struggles with the foot injury he sustained in the opening-day defeat to Bolton Wanderers.
Warnock confirmed: "Gabbidon will definitely be out, Kieron Dyer has got a complicated problem with the ligament on the top of his foot.
You may also want to watch:
"He’s unlucky really, it’s a lot more difficult than the orthopaedic guy thought when he first saw him. There’s no date, we’ll just try and get him back as quickly as we can.
"But he’s feeling a lot better now, he’s started rehabilitation now and he’s walking.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
"Hopefully Connolly will be available but that will be touch and go I’d imagine."
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=72cbe0cb60" >Live QPR web chat</a>