Defender in contention as injured QPR duo miss Blackburn clash
Warnock without Gabbidon and Dyer, but could call on injured Connolly
Matt Connolly could be set for a return to the QPR first team as Neil Warnock looks to bolster his defensive options for the visit of Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
The Rs boss is definitely without centre-back Danny Gabbidon, who is still out with a knee injury, and confirmed that Connolly, who himself is recovering from an ankle injury and hasn’t featured since the 0-0 draw with Newcastle, could be in contention for the match.
Meanwhile, Warnock confirmed that Kieron Dyer is a long-term absentee as he still struggles with the foot injury he sustained in the opening-day defeat to Bolton Wanderers.
Warnock confirmed: "Gabbidon will definitely be out, Kieron Dyer has got a complicated problem with the ligament on the top of his foot.
You may also want to watch:
"He’s unlucky really, it’s a lot more difficult than the orthopaedic guy thought when he first saw him. There’s no date, we’ll just try and get him back as quickly as we can.
"But he’s feeling a lot better now, he’s started rehabilitation now and he’s walking.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 8 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
"Hopefully Connolly will be available but that will be touch and go I’d imagine."
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=72cbe0cb60" >Live QPR web chat</a>