Deadline for entries to become Brent Young Musician of the Year 2018
- Credit: Archant
The opportunity has arisen for one bright musician to shine under a spotlight and perform before crowds at the SSE Arena in Wembley.
The deadline is looming for the Brent Young Musician of the Year 2018 with last entries due on October 29.
Presented by Brent Music Service (BMS) in association with The Wembley Charitable Foundation, the competition is open to all young singers and instrumentalists, playing any instrument, aged 13-18 who live or go to school in the borough.
Entry is free and there’s an £800 prize fund.
The overall winner will also appear at the SSE Arena next July as a special guest soloist at the renowned Brent Makes Music showcase event in July.
You may also want to watch:
Selection rounds begin on November 20, with finals taking place on March 7.
A spokeswoman said: “This is a fabulous opportunity for Brent’s young musicians to enjoy the spotlight and see just how far their talents can take them.”
Download the entry form at brent.gov.uk/bymy2018 or get one sent by emailing email@example.com or by calling Brent Music Service on 020 8204 8096.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer