Day of police action carried out in Queensbury
Residents given crime prevention advice by Safer Neighbourhood Team
A Safer Neighbourhood Team carried out a day of action involving residents in their fight against crime yesterday (Thursday).
As part of the day by Queensbury SNT, PCSO Tamsin Johnson ran a crime prevention stall outside Kingsbury train station with the assistance and presence of the Brent Community Safety Team.
The stall allowed the team to provide crime prevention literature to residents, commuters and shoppers.
PCSO Terry Souster and PCSO Kishan Sikotra also teamed up with officers from the British Transport Police (BTP) to carry out high visibility patrols around Kingsbury and Queensbury tube stations.
You may also want to watch:
The patrols were carried out to address concerns about schoolchildren carrying out yobbish behaviour and fare evaders around the stations.
PCSO Souster said: “This was run as a direct response to local concerns to boost public confidence and their awareness of personal safety.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
“The train stations are central hubs for this area with thousands of people passing through here daily, and this provided us with the perfect audience for the day.”