Dawn Butler Twitter storm over claims David Cameron is “sh***ing all over” the poor
- Credit: Archant
Brent Central MP Dawn Butler was at the heart of a Twitter storm this afternoon when she accused David Cameron of “sh***ing” all over the working class.
The Labour MP raised eyebrows when she posted: “Cameron looks like a kid whose just done a poo said a friend. Yes it does feel like he’s Sh***ing all over the working class doesn’t it”.
The tweet provoked dozens of angry responses from social media users, some of whom questioned whether her decidedly unparliamentary language was setting a good example to her constituents.
Lyuben Vachkov tweeted: “I pity that you are letting down those you represent by acting like a fool.”
The plain-speaking MP last week suggested in an interview with the Brent & Kilburn Times that her constituents would like to see her give the prime minister a new year’s “slap”.
You may also want to watch:
The MP has not yet commented on reaction to her online outburst.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report