Advent calendar to say thank you to community
- Credit: Archant
The festive season is upon us and I know that many people will have been looking forward to receiving my Christmas calendar.
It is normally jammed packed with information on what I have done all year and a calendar with key dates. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, it is not possible to post a physical calendar to 50,000 households in Brent. But all is not lost, I’ve been inspired to do things a little bit differently this year.
I am excited to announce that I have launched a digital advent calendar.
2020 has not been a good year. However, there have been some proud moments, such as the immense contributions of the amazing Brent community helping people through the pandemic.
Every day of December leading up to Christmas, a new video featuring a different person, organisation or community group will be launched. A fitting tribute to just some of the incredible people in Brent.
You may also want to watch:
This interactive calendar is my small way of recognising just some of the doctors, nurses, porters, cleaners, postal workers, shop workers, mutual aid groups, council workers, neighbours, charity groups, businesses and more – I couldn’t fit everyone in, but maybe next year?
A big thank you to all who went the extra mile for Brent.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 3 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 4 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 5 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
My digital advent calendar launched on December 1. To view it, please visit: dawnbutlercalendar.co.uk/
Finally, I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating, and I hope that everyone in Brent stays safe and well.