Advent calendar to say thank you to community
- Credit: Archant
The festive season is upon us and I know that many people will have been looking forward to receiving my Christmas calendar.
It is normally jammed packed with information on what I have done all year and a calendar with key dates. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, it is not possible to post a physical calendar to 50,000 households in Brent. But all is not lost, I’ve been inspired to do things a little bit differently this year.
I am excited to announce that I have launched a digital advent calendar.
2020 has not been a good year. However, there have been some proud moments, such as the immense contributions of the amazing Brent community helping people through the pandemic.
Every day of December leading up to Christmas, a new video featuring a different person, organisation or community group will be launched. A fitting tribute to just some of the incredible people in Brent.
You may also want to watch:
This interactive calendar is my small way of recognising just some of the doctors, nurses, porters, cleaners, postal workers, shop workers, mutual aid groups, council workers, neighbours, charity groups, businesses and more – I couldn’t fit everyone in, but maybe next year?
A big thank you to all who went the extra mile for Brent.
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker
My digital advent calendar launched on December 1. To view it, please visit: dawnbutlercalendar.co.uk/
Finally, I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating, and I hope that everyone in Brent stays safe and well.