David Beckham to QPR move planned by Tony Fernandes?
Could David Beckham be pulling on the blue and white hooped shirt of QPR later this season?
Possibly so if one of the main football rumours doing the rounds today is to be believed.
Reports in the national press claim QPR’s new owner Tony Fernandes plans an ambitious, albeit audacious, swoop for the former Manchester United star and England captain.
Beckham will be out of contract with LA Galaxy at the end of America’s Major League Soccer season in November.
The 36-year-old has been offered a new contract but has yet to commit.
If Malaysian tycoon Fernandes does pull off a sensational move for Beckham and bring him back to the Premier League it will boost the ex-Real Madrid midfielder’s hopes of playing for Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics.
Rangers fans, what do you think about the Beckham rumour? Would you like to see him at Loftus Road? Would the amount of money needed for the move be worth it for the club’s chance of survival in the Premier League? Add your comments below.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry