David Beckham to QPR move planned by Tony Fernandes?
Could David Beckham be pulling on the blue and white hooped shirt of QPR later this season?
Possibly so if one of the main football rumours doing the rounds today is to be believed.
Reports in the national press claim QPR’s new owner Tony Fernandes plans an ambitious, albeit audacious, swoop for the former Manchester United star and England captain.
Beckham will be out of contract with LA Galaxy at the end of America’s Major League Soccer season in November.
The 36-year-old has been offered a new contract but has yet to commit.
You may also want to watch:
If Malaysian tycoon Fernandes does pull off a sensational move for Beckham and bring him back to the Premier League it will boost the ex-Real Madrid midfielder’s hopes of playing for Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics.
Rangers fans, what do you think about the Beckham rumour? Would you like to see him at Loftus Road? Would the amount of money needed for the move be worth it for the club’s chance of survival in the Premier League? Add your comments below.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism