Daughter from Wembley fundraising to save her terminally ill mother
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley woman who is treating her terminally ill mother with cannabis oil and a vegan diet has launched a fundraising page in the hope of healing her.
Single mum Maria Powell was diagnosed with lung cancer on October 27 this year, the day before her 46th birthday, which has now spread to her bones.
Her 28-year-old daughter Whittney Powell said since she changed her mother’s nutrition to a plant-based diet and started giving her cannabis oil to deal with the pain, the tumour has shrunk.
The maternity nurse is hoping to raise £120,000 to continue the holistic treatment after reading how other people survived.
She said: “My mum’s been a foster carer for 14 years and is so selfless. She’s a very healthy person, she works with vulnerable people, works with babies. I can’t believe something like this is happening to her.
You may also want to watch:
“She was complaining of pain in her shoulder and that’s how she was finally diagnosed. She’s been given less than a year to live. I still feel she’s in shock.
“I heard cannabis oil helps and for the past month I’ve been researching diets and alternative treatments.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
“I managed to get hold of some and it is helping. Doctors say her tumour has shrunk, she’s not in so much pain and her arm isn’t spasming. I saw her do her hair for the first time last week. It’s clearly working so that’s what we need.”
Whittney, who lives with her mother, said they are spending an average of £600 a week on cannabis oil and organic vegan food.
She added: “Now her blood is becoming immune to it so we need to up the dosage. She has responded well to cannabis oil and vegan diet but these two necessities are costly so we are grateful for monetary and gift vouchers to help towards her healing.”
“We’re hoping people can help us. It can be money or people can donate vouchers for shops like Holland and Barratt or Planet Organic. Or even a pick me up like a manicure would do her so much good.
“People say crowdfunding is like begging. I’m begging for my mum’s life. She needs to focus on getting better.”
To make a donation go to gofundme.com/CureJusJadesMum