Daniel Smith murder suspect arrested
Police have today (July 29) arrested a 23-year-old man on suspicion of murdering Daniel Smith, writes Kate Ferguson. Daniel Omari Smith from Queen s Park, was shot dead outside KFC in Harrow Road, Paddington, on May 22 at 12.15am, in a case of mistaken identity. Officers and
Police have today (July 29) arrested a 23-year-old man on suspicion of murdering Daniel Smith.
Daniel Omari Smith from Queen's Park, was shot dead outside KFC in Harrow Road, Paddington, on May 22 at 12.15am, in a case of mistaken identity.
Officers and ambulance crews rushed to the scene, but he died shortly before 1am.
Mr Smith worked as an electrician in Paddington and lived with his mum and two sisters.
A post mortem examination held at City of Westminster Mortuary on Saturday May 22 gave the cause of death as a gunshot wound.
Officers from Trident are investigating and are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 3 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 4 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 9 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 10 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
Anyone who has information or can assist police is asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8733 4704, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.