Dame Judi Dench and Jim Broadbent to appear at Tricycle Theatre
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Film stars Dame Judi Dench and Jim Broadbent will appear at the Tricycle Theatre for a special screening of 2001 film Iris.
The actors are set to take part in a Q&A, along with the film’s director Sir Richard Eyre, after a screening at the theatre, in Kilburn High Road, on January 18.
Downton Abbey star Jim Carter, who lives in West Hampstead, is hosting the event having previously curated similar screenings for the Tricycle.
Iris tells the story of British novelist Iris Murdoch and her relationship with husband John Bayley.
Actress Kate Winslet plays a young Murdoch alongside Hugh Bonneville as Bayley, while Ms Dench and Mr Broadbent play the couple in later years.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Broadbent won a best supporting actor Oscar for his role and Ms Dench won a best actress BAFTA.
Mr Carter told Heathman: “I’m delighted to be hosting the Tricycle’s season of well-loved British films. After the success of last year’s screenings, we’re launching this season in style with Iris.”
- 1 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 2 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Ex EastEnders star to host Oktoberfest at Wembley Boxpark
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 9 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 10 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
To buy tickets for the screening, visit tricycle.co.uk