Customer service centre at Willesden Green Library to move before demolition decision
- Credit: jonathan goldberg
Service will move to Harlesden on Monday
Brent Council will temporarily move its customer service centre at Willesden Green Library despite the future of the building yet to be decided on.
Similar facilities will be run from a new office, shared with Jobcentre Plus, at 116 Harlesden High Street from next Monday.
The change comes as the council seeks planning approval on controversial plans to redevelop the Willesden Green Library site at a meeting on February 21.
Brent Council said the customer service centre’s relocation would last until autumn 2014.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson added that the new site would have improved facilities in its customer waiting area and would allow closer partnership, working with Jobcentre Plus in the run-up to changes in the welfare system, taking effect from October.
“It will also assist the transfer of responsibility for administering the Social Fund, which are discretionary payments to vulnerable people on low incomes, to Brent Council which will start on April 1 2013,” the spokesperson said.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism
The Willesden Customer Service Centre will close on February 14 at 5pm but there will be a reduced service for enquiries only on February 15.
The opening hours of the office in Harlesden are from 9am until 5pm on weekdays, apart from on Thursdays, when it is open from 10am until 5pm.