Customer service centre at Willesden Green Library to move before demolition decision
- Credit: jonathan goldberg
Service will move to Harlesden on Monday
Brent Council will temporarily move its customer service centre at Willesden Green Library despite the future of the building yet to be decided on.
Similar facilities will be run from a new office, shared with Jobcentre Plus, at 116 Harlesden High Street from next Monday.
The change comes as the council seeks planning approval on controversial plans to redevelop the Willesden Green Library site at a meeting on February 21.
Brent Council said the customer service centre’s relocation would last until autumn 2014.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson added that the new site would have improved facilities in its customer waiting area and would allow closer partnership, working with Jobcentre Plus in the run-up to changes in the welfare system, taking effect from October.
“It will also assist the transfer of responsibility for administering the Social Fund, which are discretionary payments to vulnerable people on low incomes, to Brent Council which will start on April 1 2013,” the spokesperson said.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 7 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 8 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 9 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 10 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
The Willesden Customer Service Centre will close on February 14 at 5pm but there will be a reduced service for enquiries only on February 15.
The opening hours of the office in Harlesden are from 9am until 5pm on weekdays, apart from on Thursdays, when it is open from 10am until 5pm.