Crowd mobs Mayor of London Boris Johnson during visit to Queensbury
- Credit: Archant
It was by no means an eggsasperating morning for Boris Johnson as he got mobbed by a crowd while visiting an eggless cake shop in Queensbury.
Boris Johnson MP was on a visit to open Egg Free Cake Box on Streatfield Road, in his capacity as Mayor of London with Wembley resident and Conservative Harrow East MP Bob Blackman.
Roy Chamdal, owner of the Cake Box, said: “This is our 45th branch of the eggless cake box. We invited Bob Blackman to do an official opening and the Mayor of London himself who is very keen to promote businesses, small businesses employing local people, increasing local skills, we were fortunate enough to get hold of him as well.”
A 50-strong crowd went out to meet Mr Johnson but neither politician got egg on their face which can be an occupational hazard for some.
David Cameron was hit by an egg in 2010, it was no yoke for Ed Miliband in 2012 and 2013 and UKIP frontman Nigel Farage got scrambled last year.
You may also want to watch:
Noreen Buckley, owner of the Buckley Bar next door grabbed an opportunity to get snapped with Mr Johnson.
She said: “Everybody was delighted to see him. He’s very accommodating, very nice. He’s very much a people’s person, very approachable and easy to speak to.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 8 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 9 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 10 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties