Wood Green man accused of attempted murder in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
A driver from Wood Green has been charged with the attempted murder of a man following a hit-and-run in Harlesden.
The victim, who is in his 20s, is fighting for his life after he was hit by a car during a brawl outside a fast food shop in the High Street.
He is currently in a critical condition in hospital following the incident on Sunday morning at around 3.30am.
Ahmed Abdullahi, 26, of Finsbury Road, is accused of attempted murder, driving whilst disqualified and failing to stop after a road traffic accident.
He appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on Monday where he was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear before Harrow Crown Court on September 22.
A 26-year-old man arrested in connection with the incident is currently in custody and two men aged 24 and 25 have been bailed to return to a police station later this month.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 5 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the incident to call Wembley CID on 0208 733 3709 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.