Women from Kenton and Stonebridge jailed for attacking police officer in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers from Brent who attacked a police officer after they were thrown out of a court room have been sent to prison.
Hodo Ahmad, of The Mall, Kenton, and Shukri Bilali, of Sapphire Road, Stonebridge, both 18, assaulted the officer outside Brent Magistrates Court after they ejected from the building for behaving aggressively.
Hendon Magistrates’ Court heard after they were throw out Ahmad threw obscenities at the officer before punching him in the face when he tried to arrest her for public disorder.
Bilal also hit him across the head as he tried to detain her friend outside the court in High Road, Willesden.
Both were arrested for assault and when Ahmad was found with cannabis during a subsequent search she was also held for possessing a controlled drug of class B.
You may also want to watch:
Last week both admitted assaulting an officer, assault with intent to resist arrest and using threatening/abusive words/behaviour or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
Ahamn also pleaded guilty to the drug charge and Bilal admitted breaching of anti-social behaviour order.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 3 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 4 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 5 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 6 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
They were jailed for 16 weeks each.
PC Abhay Desai from Brent Police said: “The behaviour of Ahmad and Bilali was unacceptable. We take assaults on police very seriously and hope that this sentence acts a deterrent to others.”