Woman stabbed during attempted robbery in Willesden
Victim knifed in the stomach in Chatsworth Avenue
Detectives are appealing for information after a woman was stabbed during an attempted robbery in Willesden.
The 48-year-old victim was knifed in the stomach after she tried to stop her attacker from grabbing her bag as she walked on Chatsworth Avenue near the junction of Lydford Road.
She also sustained minor head injuries after she fell during the attack but managed to make her way to a friend’s house where the alarm was raised.
She was rushed to hospital where she was operated on and is recovering from her ordeal.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was unable to provide a detailed description of her attacker as he had covered his face with a hoodie.
Detective Constable Babita Chohan from Brent Police said: “This is an unprovoked attack on a vulnerable lone female, I believe that there would have been many people in the area at the time who may have even heard or seen the events leading up to this awful assault.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
“I urge anyone with information to contact us.”
Anyone with information about the attack which took place on February 7 at around 8.15pm should call the incident room on 020 8733 3149 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.