Woman raped in Roundwood Park in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 52, was targeted on Wednesday morning
The hunt is on to find a rapist who targeted a woman in a Willesden park in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The 52-year-old was attacked inside Roundwood Park near the entrance opposite Doyle Gardens, Willesden, between midnight and 1am.
The park was sealed off for 12 hours between 2.30pm yesterday and 3am this morning after the victim alerted the police.
Extra police patrols are taking place in the park and the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Jodie Tuff, from the Sapphire Command, the Met’s specialist team that investigates sex crimes, said: “I appeal to anyone who was in this area at this time to contact us. All calls will be treated in confidence
“Incidents of this kind are extremely rare in London and we remind people to be aware of their personal safety and their surroundings, particularly if they are alone.”
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 4 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Bronwen Powell of the Sapphire Command on 020 8733 3773 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 1915742/13.