Woman raped in Roundwood Park in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 52, was targeted on Wednesday morning
The hunt is on to find a rapist who targeted a woman in a Willesden park in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The 52-year-old was attacked inside Roundwood Park near the entrance opposite Doyle Gardens, Willesden, between midnight and 1am.
The park was sealed off for 12 hours between 2.30pm yesterday and 3am this morning after the victim alerted the police.
Extra police patrols are taking place in the park and the surrounding area.
Detective Inspector Jodie Tuff, from the Sapphire Command, the Met’s specialist team that investigates sex crimes, said: “I appeal to anyone who was in this area at this time to contact us. All calls will be treated in confidence
“Incidents of this kind are extremely rare in London and we remind people to be aware of their personal safety and their surroundings, particularly if they are alone.”
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Bronwen Powell of the Sapphire Command on 020 8733 3773 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 1915742/13.