Woman jailed for stealing hundreds of pounds from 92-year-old in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A thief who stole hundreds of pounds from a 92-year-old woman in Wembley as she made her way home from the bank been sent to jail.
Diyana Kircheva, 34, targeted her elderly victim after two accomplices spotted her withdrawing £540 from a branch in Wembley High Road.
The trio followed the victim on a bus with one sitting next her where they placed a scarf across her lap and over the bag containing the money before stealing it in August last year.
They were identified through CCTV and their images were circulated.
Kircheva was arrested at Gatwick Airport as she returned to the UK from a trip
You may also want to watch:
She admitted theft and was sentenced to six months in prison at Harrow Crown Court.
Her two accomplices are still at large.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 10 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
DC Neil Giles, from Safer Transport Command, said: “To target an elderly lady and steal her money is a despicable crime for which the custodial sentence is appropriate.
“Please can I advise all members of society not to carry large amounts of cash on public transport if at all possible.
“Crowded buses and trains are the workplace of pickpockets who do not discriminate when it comes to victims.”