Woman jailed for stealing hundreds of pounds from 92-year-old in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A thief who stole hundreds of pounds from a 92-year-old woman in Wembley as she made her way home from the bank been sent to jail.
Diyana Kircheva, 34, targeted her elderly victim after two accomplices spotted her withdrawing £540 from a branch in Wembley High Road.
The trio followed the victim on a bus with one sitting next her where they placed a scarf across her lap and over the bag containing the money before stealing it in August last year.
They were identified through CCTV and their images were circulated.
Kircheva was arrested at Gatwick Airport as she returned to the UK from a trip
You may also want to watch:
She admitted theft and was sentenced to six months in prison at Harrow Crown Court.
Her two accomplices are still at large.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
DC Neil Giles, from Safer Transport Command, said: “To target an elderly lady and steal her money is a despicable crime for which the custodial sentence is appropriate.
“Please can I advise all members of society not to carry large amounts of cash on public transport if at all possible.
“Crowded buses and trains are the workplace of pickpockets who do not discriminate when it comes to victims.”