Woman indecently assaulted at Willesden Junction station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives release image of man they would like to speak to
The hunt is on to find a pervert who indecently assaulted a woman at Willesden Junction station.
The 29-year-old victim was walking down the stairs leading to platform three when a man approached her from behind and began to touch her inappropriately.
He continued until they both arrived at the platform and then he disappeared from her sight.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) have trawled through CCTV footage and have released the image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident which happened on February 16 at around 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Tony Gittins, the investigating officer, said: “This was an intimidating incident for the victim, who was alone at the time, and which caused her great distress.
“These kinds of sexual assaults are extremely rare on the rail network and, when we do receive reports of this nature, we take very seriously.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 10 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
“Detectives will continue to fully investigate the incident until we find the man responsible.”
Anyone with information should contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting background reference B6/LNA of 12/03/2013 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.