Woman indecently assaulted at Willesden Junction station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives release image of man they would like to speak to
The hunt is on to find a pervert who indecently assaulted a woman at Willesden Junction station.
The 29-year-old victim was walking down the stairs leading to platform three when a man approached her from behind and began to touch her inappropriately.
He continued until they both arrived at the platform and then he disappeared from her sight.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) have trawled through CCTV footage and have released the image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident which happened on February 16 at around 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Tony Gittins, the investigating officer, said: “This was an intimidating incident for the victim, who was alone at the time, and which caused her great distress.
“These kinds of sexual assaults are extremely rare on the rail network and, when we do receive reports of this nature, we take very seriously.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
“Detectives will continue to fully investigate the incident until we find the man responsible.”
Anyone with information should contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting background reference B6/LNA of 12/03/2013 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.