Woman in serious condition following collision in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital in a serious condition following a collision in Wembley.
Roads and transport police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen what happened between the pedestrian and the car in Forty Lane, near Bridge Road, at around 10.20am this morning.
The A4088 Forty Lane was closed earlier westbound between the Asda and Bridge Road due to the collision.
Officers were called and found a woman, believed to be in her 30s, injured at the scene.
She was taken to a central hospital, where her condition is described as serious but stable.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, a Mercedes E-class, stopped at the scene.
Detectives from the serious collision investigation unit are carrying enquiries into the circumstances of the incident.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 7 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the witness line 020 8991 9555.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.