Woman from north west London charged with terrorism offences
A woman from north west London is due to appear in court today charged with terrorism offences.
Amal Elwahabi, 27, is accused of seeking to make money available for terrorist activity in Syria.
She was arrested last Thursday as she tried to board a flight to Istanbul in Turkey from Heathrow.
Nawal Msaad, 26, from north London, who was arrested on the same day at an address in north-west London, faces identical charges.
Scotland Yard said in a statement that both women “jointly entered into or became concerned in an arrangement as a result of which money was made available or was to be made available to another, and they knew or had reasonable cause to suspect that it would or may be used for the purposes of terrorism”.
You may also want to watch:
Both women are due to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 5 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 6 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea