Woman from north west London charged with terrorism offences
A woman from north west London is due to appear in court today charged with terrorism offences.
Amal Elwahabi, 27, is accused of seeking to make money available for terrorist activity in Syria.
She was arrested last Thursday as she tried to board a flight to Istanbul in Turkey from Heathrow.
Nawal Msaad, 26, from north London, who was arrested on the same day at an address in north-west London, faces identical charges.
Scotland Yard said in a statement that both women “jointly entered into or became concerned in an arrangement as a result of which money was made available or was to be made available to another, and they knew or had reasonable cause to suspect that it would or may be used for the purposes of terrorism”.
You may also want to watch:
Both women are due to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court
- 1 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 7 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 8 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 9 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 10 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling