Woman from north west London charged with terrorism offences
A woman from north west London is due to appear in court today charged with terrorism offences.
Amal Elwahabi, 27, is accused of seeking to make money available for terrorist activity in Syria.
She was arrested last Thursday as she tried to board a flight to Istanbul in Turkey from Heathrow.
Nawal Msaad, 26, from north London, who was arrested on the same day at an address in north-west London, faces identical charges.
Scotland Yard said in a statement that both women “jointly entered into or became concerned in an arrangement as a result of which money was made available or was to be made available to another, and they knew or had reasonable cause to suspect that it would or may be used for the purposes of terrorism”.
You may also want to watch:
Both women are due to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 6 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours