Woman from north west London charged with terrorism offences
A woman from north west London is due to appear in court today charged with terrorism offences.
Amal Elwahabi, 27, is accused of seeking to make money available for terrorist activity in Syria.
She was arrested last Thursday as she tried to board a flight to Istanbul in Turkey from Heathrow.
Nawal Msaad, 26, from north London, who was arrested on the same day at an address in north-west London, faces identical charges.
Scotland Yard said in a statement that both women “jointly entered into or became concerned in an arrangement as a result of which money was made available or was to be made available to another, and they knew or had reasonable cause to suspect that it would or may be used for the purposes of terrorism”.
You may also want to watch:
Both women are due to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds