Woman fighting for her life after being punched by moped phone snatchers in Edgware
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old woman is fighting for her life after a moped crook punched her while stealing her phone and bag in Edgware.
Police took the victim to hospital after being called to Holyrood Gardens at 10.10pm last night.
Two males on a moped had driven up to her and tried to steal her bag. When she tried to fight them off she was hit and fell backwards. The pair then drove off towards Stag Lane.
No arrests have been made and the woman is in critical condition in hospital.
Det Sgt Richard Lewsley said: “This was a horrific attack, the victim had her bag on her shoulder when the males approached her. She resisted for some time until the pillion passenger punched her, causing her to fall backwards.
You may also want to watch:
“She is currently in a critical condition and we need to catch these males before they strike again.”
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 7898/04 June. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 5 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes