Woman fighting for her life after being punched by moped phone snatchers in Edgware
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old woman is fighting for her life after a moped crook punched her while stealing her phone and bag in Edgware.
Police took the victim to hospital after being called to Holyrood Gardens at 10.10pm last night.
Two males on a moped had driven up to her and tried to steal her bag. When she tried to fight them off she was hit and fell backwards. The pair then drove off towards Stag Lane.
No arrests have been made and the woman is in critical condition in hospital.
Det Sgt Richard Lewsley said: “This was a horrific attack, the victim had her bag on her shoulder when the males approached her. She resisted for some time until the pillion passenger punched her, causing her to fall backwards.
You may also want to watch:
“She is currently in a critical condition and we need to catch these males before they strike again.”
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 7898/04 June. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 5 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 8 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer