Appeal to speak to woman who burned bus passenger’s hair in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing to identify a woman who burned a passenger’s hair onboard a bus in Kilburn.
A woman boarded a 328 bus at Kilburn High Road heading towards Maida Vale - without touching in - on August 30 at around 4.35pm.
She sat at the back of the bus on the lower deck behind a 33-year-old woman.
The suspect, who was playing with a lighter, began to burn strands of the woman’s hair, Scotland Yard said.
When the victim tried to call police, the suspect left the bus, allegedly shouting: “Call the police, send me to jail, I will burn you anyway.”
You may also want to watch:
PC Matt Cannon, investigating, said it was “sheer luck” that the victim did not suffer burns.
“I am very keen to know the identity of the female shown in the image and urge anyone who can name her to contact police.”
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 8 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 9 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 10 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
Anyone with information should call 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 5466/30AUG.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit