Appeal to speak to woman who burned bus passenger’s hair in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing to identify a woman who burned a passenger’s hair onboard a bus in Kilburn.
A woman boarded a 328 bus at Kilburn High Road heading towards Maida Vale - without touching in - on August 30 at around 4.35pm.
She sat at the back of the bus on the lower deck behind a 33-year-old woman.
The suspect, who was playing with a lighter, began to burn strands of the woman’s hair, Scotland Yard said.
When the victim tried to call police, the suspect left the bus, allegedly shouting: “Call the police, send me to jail, I will burn you anyway.”
You may also want to watch:
PC Matt Cannon, investigating, said it was “sheer luck” that the victim did not suffer burns.
“I am very keen to know the identity of the female shown in the image and urge anyone who can name her to contact police.”
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
Anyone with information should call 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 5466/30AUG.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit