Appeal to speak to woman who burned bus passenger’s hair in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing to identify a woman who burned a passenger’s hair onboard a bus in Kilburn.
A woman boarded a 328 bus at Kilburn High Road heading towards Maida Vale - without touching in - on August 30 at around 4.35pm.
She sat at the back of the bus on the lower deck behind a 33-year-old woman.
The suspect, who was playing with a lighter, began to burn strands of the woman’s hair, Scotland Yard said.
When the victim tried to call police, the suspect left the bus, allegedly shouting: “Call the police, send me to jail, I will burn you anyway.”
You may also want to watch:
PC Matt Cannon, investigating, said it was “sheer luck” that the victim did not suffer burns.
“I am very keen to know the identity of the female shown in the image and urge anyone who can name her to contact police.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital
Anyone with information should call 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 5466/30AUG.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit