Appeal to speak to woman who burned bus passenger’s hair in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing to identify a woman who burned a passenger’s hair onboard a bus in Kilburn.
A woman boarded a 328 bus at Kilburn High Road heading towards Maida Vale - without touching in - on August 30 at around 4.35pm.
She sat at the back of the bus on the lower deck behind a 33-year-old woman.
The suspect, who was playing with a lighter, began to burn strands of the woman’s hair, Scotland Yard said.
When the victim tried to call police, the suspect left the bus, allegedly shouting: “Call the police, send me to jail, I will burn you anyway.”
You may also want to watch:
PC Matt Cannon, investigating, said it was “sheer luck” that the victim did not suffer burns.
“I am very keen to know the identity of the female shown in the image and urge anyone who can name her to contact police.”
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 9 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
Anyone with information should call 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 5466/30AUG.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit