Woman beaten and verbally abused by two men in racist attack in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A woman was hit over the head with a rod and had abuse hurled at her by two men in a racist attack in Wembley.
The victim was targeted by the pair, who were part of a six-strong mob, as she waited at a bus stop in Wembley High Road, last Saturday.
Her first attacker hit her over the head with some sort of plastic rod before running off and his accomplice hurled racist abuse at her.
Both men fled with their other friends.
They are both white, one was aged between 25-30 and around 5ft 11ins tall, the second is aged 35-40 and around 5ft 9ins tall.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV cameras in the area did not capture the incident so detectives are currently visiting local shops to see if it was caught on their own systems.
They are treating the incident as racially aggravated common assault and are appealing for information to find the suspects.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 6 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 7 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 8 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 9 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.