Woman arrested in Brent on suspicion of terrorism offences
- Credit: Archant
A 38-year-old woman has been arrested in Brent on suspicion of possessing terrorist material
Officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command held the woman after raiding an address in the NW10 area at around 6.30am today.
The woman has been held under Section 2 of the Terrorism Act, dissemination of terrorist publications, and Section 58, possession of a document or record containing information of a kind likely to be of use to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism.
The address is currently being search as well as a business premises in the borough of Ealing and another residential property in the Hillingdon area.
The woman is in custody at a police station in South London.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield