Woman arrested after police raid two brothels in Wembley
Bordellos in East Lane and Wembley High Road have been closed down
A 66-year-old woman has been bailed after police raided and closed down two brothels in Wembley.
Officers stormed the premises in East Lane and Wembley High Road, following a barrage of complaints from fed-up residents.
Both properties have been slapped with a Brothel Closure Order which is in place until June 21.
The woman, who is the landlady of the two properties, was arrested on suspicion of running a brothel.
You may also want to watch:
She has been bailed to return to a police station on April 11.
Two other people who were arrested have been released.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
Safer Neigbourhoods Inspector Brian Reilly said: “Brothels are a blight on the lives of residents who live near to them as they tend to attract visitors day and night and are hotspots for anti-social behaviour. “It has taken us three months and a lot of hard work to get to the point where we are able to serve closure notices on these premises. “This shows our commitment to the problem, fully supported by our partners in Brent.”
Brent Council’s overview and scrutiny committee established task group in 2008 to tackle the increase in brothels in the borough.
Cllr Ann John OBE, Brent Council leader, who chaired the group, said: “Having visited some of the brothels in the borough as part earlier raids I was sickened by this traffic in human beings and glad that the recommendation made by the cross party committee I chaired are being translated into action.
“This is a major step on our joint journey.”
The raids took place last week.