Woman arrested after police seize Beretta handgun in Willesden
- Credit: Met Police
A woman has been arrested after police found a hand gun while searching a Willesden address.
Officers, including armed police, entered an address on Colney Road on Tuesday (August 24).
While searching the address officers found and seized a Beretta handgun, Scotland Yard said.
A 41-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm at the scene.
She was taken into custody at a west London police station and has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
The Met said it continues to seize more firearms than ever before amid a continued crackdown on violent crime.
A total of 450 firearms were seized in 2020/2021 compared with 366 recovered in the previous financial year.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
The trend is set to continue with 98 firearms seized in the first quarter of this financial year compared with 92 for the same period the previous year.
Det Insp Dean Grafton, added: "Officers are working relentlessly to identify and detain violent offenders and seize dangerous weapons from the streets of London and out of our communities.
"The Met continues to deliver on its promise to make London a hostile place for the supply and transport of firearms."