Woman appears in court charged with boyfriend’s murder in Queen’s Park
- Credit: MPS
A woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death at his flat in Queen’s Park has appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Christie Madley, 24, from Poplar, east London, allegedly knifed 27-year-old Italian national Daniel Mantina repeatedly at his home on the Harrow Road on Sunday.
The court heard police found Mr Mantina dead in bed with several stab wounds after being called to the property.
Madley wiped away tears and sobbed audibly as she appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink from Holloway Prison for a preliminary hearing.
She has been charged with her boyfriend’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Brown QC, prosecuting, said: “When the ambulance and police arrived, they found the deceased with very significant apparent knife injuries that had obviously caused his death.”
Madley made no application for bail and was remanded in custody by Judge Richard Marks QC, the Common Serjeant of London.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
But her barrister Michael Holland QC indicated he may apply for bail next week.
The judge ordered her to appear for a plea and case management hearing on February 4, with a provisional trial date set for April 25.