Woman appears in court charged with boyfriend’s murder in Queen’s Park
- Credit: MPS
A woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death at his flat in Queen’s Park has appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Christie Madley, 24, from Poplar, east London, allegedly knifed 27-year-old Italian national Daniel Mantina repeatedly at his home on the Harrow Road on Sunday.
The court heard police found Mr Mantina dead in bed with several stab wounds after being called to the property.
Madley wiped away tears and sobbed audibly as she appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink from Holloway Prison for a preliminary hearing.
She has been charged with her boyfriend’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Brown QC, prosecuting, said: “When the ambulance and police arrived, they found the deceased with very significant apparent knife injuries that had obviously caused his death.”
Madley made no application for bail and was remanded in custody by Judge Richard Marks QC, the Common Serjeant of London.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
But her barrister Michael Holland QC indicated he may apply for bail next week.
The judge ordered her to appear for a plea and case management hearing on February 4, with a provisional trial date set for April 25.