Woman appears in court charged with boyfriend’s murder in Queen’s Park
- Credit: MPS
A woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death at his flat in Queen’s Park has appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Christie Madley, 24, from Poplar, east London, allegedly knifed 27-year-old Italian national Daniel Mantina repeatedly at his home on the Harrow Road on Sunday.
The court heard police found Mr Mantina dead in bed with several stab wounds after being called to the property.
Madley wiped away tears and sobbed audibly as she appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink from Holloway Prison for a preliminary hearing.
She has been charged with her boyfriend’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Brown QC, prosecuting, said: “When the ambulance and police arrived, they found the deceased with very significant apparent knife injuries that had obviously caused his death.”
Madley made no application for bail and was remanded in custody by Judge Richard Marks QC, the Common Serjeant of London.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
But her barrister Michael Holland QC indicated he may apply for bail next week.
The judge ordered her to appear for a plea and case management hearing on February 4, with a provisional trial date set for April 25.