Woman, 61, one of three arrested after Willesden drugs and cash raid
- Credit: Archant
A 61-year-old woman was among three people arrested on suspicion of drug-dealing charges after police raided a property in Willesden.
The woman was arrested alongside a 31-year-old man and a 32-year-old man on suspicion of possession of drugs with intent to supply after police seized drugs and cash during a search of the address, which cannot be identified for operational reasons, on January 8.
Officers from Stonebridge’s safer neighbourhoods and anti-violence Operation Equinox team discovered the cache whilst executing a drugs warrant on the property following a string of complaints from neighbours.
In the months leading up to the arrests, residents had complained of suspected drug dealing, drug abuse, noise disturbance and intimidation of residents and visitors as well as disruptive behaviour and drugs paraphernalia dumped around the property.
Police Sergeant Damien Smith, from the Stonebridge Safer Neighbourhoods team, said: “Working with other neighbourhood and Equinox team officers, we were able to gather sufficient evidence in order to obtain a magistrates’ warrant.
You may also want to watch:
“PC Grimsdale, the new designated ward officer for Stonebridge, worked extremely hard to address residents’ concerns about the anti-social behaviour which has significantly impacted on their lives.
“We rely on the vigilance of our residents and acknowledge they were subject to noise nuisance and drug users visiting the address at all hours.
- 1 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 2 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 3 Euro 2020: Road closures in Wembley Park as England meets Czech Republic
- 4 Haute Dolci's dessert restaurant opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Police officer to appear for trial in Wembley sexual assault case
- 6 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 7 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 8 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 9 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 10 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
“This shows we do listen to our community and act upon the information provided and we continually aim to improve the quality of life of Brent residents.”
All three suspects were arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs with intent to supply.
They have been bailed to return to a north-west London police station in early March.