Woman, 49, stabbed to death in Cricklewood named by police
- Credit: Archant
A 49-year-old woman who was found stabbed to death in Cricklewood last Thursday evening has been named by police as Imelda Molina.
While police await formal identification, officers from the Met say they are confident the victim is Imelda Molina of Ashford Road.
Ms Molina’s social media profile claims she moved from her native Philippines to London in 2013 to work as a housekeeper.
Scores of tributes have poured in since a relative posted about her death on social media on Friday.
Police were called to a property in Ashford Court, Cricklewood, at 7:22pm to reports of the death of a woman from stab wounds.
A post-mortem examination at Northwick Park mortuary on Saturday confirmed that she died from a stab wound to her torso.
This morning Michael Purcell, 53, of Ashford court appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court charged with her murder.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 3 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
- 7 Giant inflatable theme park opens in Colindale
- 8 'Clean your own roads for Queen' - council says
- 9 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 10 Camden men to remain in custody following organised crime probe
Purcell has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday November 4.