Woman, 49, stabbed to death in Cricklewood named by police
- Credit: Archant
A 49-year-old woman who was found stabbed to death in Cricklewood last Thursday evening has been named by police as Imelda Molina.
While police await formal identification, officers from the Met say they are confident the victim is Imelda Molina of Ashford Road.
Ms Molina’s social media profile claims she moved from her native Philippines to London in 2013 to work as a housekeeper.
Scores of tributes have poured in since a relative posted about her death on social media on Friday.
Police were called to a property in Ashford Court, Cricklewood, at 7:22pm to reports of the death of a woman from stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination at Northwick Park mortuary on Saturday confirmed that she died from a stab wound to her torso.
This morning Michael Purcell, 53, of Ashford court appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court charged with her murder.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 5 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 6 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 10 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
Purcell has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday November 4.