Woman, 49, stabbed to death in Cricklewood named by police
- Credit: Archant
A 49-year-old woman who was found stabbed to death in Cricklewood last Thursday evening has been named by police as Imelda Molina.
While police await formal identification, officers from the Met say they are confident the victim is Imelda Molina of Ashford Road.
Ms Molina’s social media profile claims she moved from her native Philippines to London in 2013 to work as a housekeeper.
Scores of tributes have poured in since a relative posted about her death on social media on Friday.
Police were called to a property in Ashford Court, Cricklewood, at 7:22pm to reports of the death of a woman from stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination at Northwick Park mortuary on Saturday confirmed that she died from a stab wound to her torso.
This morning Michael Purcell, 53, of Ashford court appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court charged with her murder.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 9 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
Purcell has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday November 4.