Witnesses to Wembley nightclub shooting fail to come forward
- Credit: Archant
Trident detectives in renewed appeal for information from revellers at Crystals
Detectives investigating a shooting in a Wembley nightclub that left a teenager injured have made a renewed appeal for witnesses to come forward.
Despite Crystals nightclub in South Way, being packed with revellers in the early hours of December 30 last year, few have come forward with information.
Ra Ra Makaveli was accidentally hit after a gunman opened fired at a rival just before 4am.
The 18-year-old from Willesden had been celebrating her milestone birthday when she was shot.
You may also want to watch:
Two other women were treated for injuries sustained by broken glass in the venue.
Officers from the Met’s Trident Gang Crime Command, a specialist team that investigates shootings and gang crime in London, subsequently arrested 12 men aged between 20 to 29.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 8 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 9 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 10 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
All have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Detective Inspector Glenn Butler said: “I would like to reassure any potential witnesses who may be worried about making contact that Trident has extensive expertise in protecting witnesses and there are a range of measures that can be taken to protect you.”
Making a fresh appeal, he added: “I appeal to anyone was in the area of Crystals Nightclub that evening to contact police.
“We are keen to speak with anyone who may have information.”
Anyone with information should call Trident North West Shootings team on 020 8358 0603 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.