Witness appeal after elderly man injured in Kilburn High Road accident
Pedestrian, 83, suffers ‘life changing’ injuries following collision with lorry
Police are appealing for witnesses after an 83-year-old man was left with ‘life changing’ injuries to his leg following a collision with a lorry.
Officers were called to Kilburn High Road, close to the junction of Brondesbury Road, at around 2pm yesterday following reports of an accident involving an elderly man and a lorry.
When emergency services arrived they found the man – who is now believed to be 83 years old – with serious leg injuries.
Ahmad Khan, 24, who was working nearby, said: “I heard all this shouting and ran out. I saw the man lying on the floor and there was so much blood.
You may also want to watch:
“I have never seen so much blood, it was terrible. I had to come back in as I couldn’t look at it.”
The elderly man was raced to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington where he remains in a serious, but non-life threatening condition.
- 1 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 2 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 3 Euro 2020: Road closures in Wembley Park as England meets Czech Republic
- 4 Haute Dolci's dessert restaurant opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Police officer to appear for trial in Wembley sexual assault case
- 6 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 7 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 8 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 9 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 10 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scenen and was spoken to by officers but has not been arrested.
Det Sgt Jane Mallett, from the Road Death Investigation Unit based at Northolt Traffic Garage, said: “I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact me.
“Kilburn High Road would have been extremely busy at this time of day - if you saw the collision, or the events leading up to the collision, please get in touch.”
The accident comes 12 days after 75-year-old Halima Ahmed, 75, of Malvern Road, South Kilburn, was killed following a collision with a lorry on the same road.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the witness appeal line on 0208 842 1817.