Willesden teenager accused of terror offences appears in court
A teenager from Willesden has appeared in court accused of terror offences.
Yahya Rashid, 19, was arrested at Luton Airport on Tuesday after landing from a flight from Turkey.
Yesterday he was charged with engaging in conduct in preparation for committing an act of terrorism, and engaging in conduct with the intention of assisting others to commit acts of terrorism, between November 1, 2014 and March 31 this year.
Rashi, who appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ Court yesterday, spoke only to confirm his name and give his date of birth.
An application for bail was refused.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear next at the Old Bailey on April 24.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids