Willesden teenager accused of terror offences appears in court
A teenager from Willesden has appeared in court accused of terror offences.
Yahya Rashid, 19, was arrested at Luton Airport on Tuesday after landing from a flight from Turkey.
Yesterday he was charged with engaging in conduct in preparation for committing an act of terrorism, and engaging in conduct with the intention of assisting others to commit acts of terrorism, between November 1, 2014 and March 31 this year.
Rashi, who appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ Court yesterday, spoke only to confirm his name and give his date of birth.
An application for bail was refused.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear next at the Old Bailey on April 24.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 5 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 9 Dozens 'found breaching Covid restrictions' at shisha cafe
- 10 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling