Willesden teenager accused of terror offences appears in court
A teenager from Willesden has appeared in court accused of terror offences.
Yahya Rashid, 19, was arrested at Luton Airport on Tuesday after landing from a flight from Turkey.
Yesterday he was charged with engaging in conduct in preparation for committing an act of terrorism, and engaging in conduct with the intention of assisting others to commit acts of terrorism, between November 1, 2014 and March 31 this year.
Rashi, who appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ Court yesterday, spoke only to confirm his name and give his date of birth.
An application for bail was refused.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear next at the Old Bailey on April 24.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 5 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 8 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 9 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million